Hello my little fellow munchkins. How are you all doing? I am doing well. I am in another state at the moment. I just can’t seem to stay in one place 😂. I have been doing a lot of reading while in the car so hopefully there should be some reviews all coming your ways soon.
Anyways, why don’t we get into the review?
From the author of Sweet Hollow Women comes a new novel about friendship, surprises, and the secrets that hide in the shadows of even the most ordinary-seeming lives.
Sailboats and sea breezes. Love and betrayal. Cucumber sandwiches with a side of murder. It’s just another beautiful day in Port Elspeth, Connecticut.
It’s been five years since the idyllic oceanside community of Port Elspeth was rocked by tragedy. Shortly after their high school graduation, Evangeline Maddingly, daughter of one of the town’s wealthiest old-money families, and Oliver Prescott, son of one of the town’s wealthiest new-money families, were found dead in an isolated cabin in the woods outside of town. The circumstances surrounding their untimely deaths are murky at best, thanks in large part to a sweeping effort from those in power to shut down any negative publicity that could harm the reputation of their pristine community.
Five years later, a small group of strangers gathers to create jewelry for one of Port Elspeth’s many fundraisers. Before long, friendships are forming and old secrets are being revealed. Along with discovering how to make a perfect pair of chandelier earrings or cabochon necklace, this unlikely team of sleuths finds themselves at the heart of solving the murders that took place half a decade earlier.
- I really liked how this book was centered around women and just them. Also a murder but hey that makes the plot even spicier.
- The writing of this book could have used some fine tuning but the pace this book was set in was wonderful.
- There could’ve been some more background knowledge to this book.
- By that I would have personally loved to seen more of each characters back stories just to get a better grasp on them and feel closer if that makes any sense.
- Trigger Warnings:
- Sexual predators
- Spousal abuse
- The plot of the book was pretty good but I felt like this book could’ve been more drawn out as it doesn’t need another book but it had enough for it to be a little longer.
- The mystery of this book was also wonderful as it left you both laughing, worried and just wanting to turn the page to another leading to another chapter and another until you finish the book.
While I enjoyed this book it was not my favorite and could’ve had more to it.
You can find The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club on Goodreads
You can buy The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club on Amazon
Holly Tierney-Bedord lives in Madison, Wisconsin. She’s the author of several novels and novellas including Sweet Hollow Women and Right Under Your Nose. Visit her website at http://www.hollytierneybedord.com to sign up for her newsletter.
You can find and contact Holly here:
In accordance with FTC guidelines/regulations for bloggers and endorsements, please note that all the books reviewed on this blog were either purchased by me or provided to me by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest, unbiased review and nothing else. I gain nothing in return for the review other than the book itself.
My reviews reflect my honest opinion and remain uninfluenced despite Lola’sBlogTours through which I obtained these books.